Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 29 More fun than a slinky...

I had the most fun today.

Although my back is still tied in knots and my head is swimming from pain killers I find myself smiling none-the-less. I had an absolutely enlightening, mind bending, belief questioning, faith testing discussion with a self-proclaimed radical athiest. What a blast!

Taking the time to explore my beliefs and my core values is why I started this blog. I have come to realize that this gentleman and I have quite a bit in common. In fact, we both find this quote amusing:
If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion.
-Edmond de Goncourt

Atheism says there is no God period; however, religion tries to humanize Him, de-glorify Him, box Him in, and use Him for their own personal purpose and agenda.

I'm so glad for this experience. What a refreshing way to re-ignite my passion for God than to figure out what it is that I truly believe about Him!

Today I believe He simply is. That may not sound like a lot to you, but for me it's everything.

Love,
me

1 comment:

  1. I beleive He simply is, as well. thanks for the reminder that beleiving is so simply...well, simple. loves ya little girl

    ReplyDelete