Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 56 What's all the hub bub?

It's Easter time, even if you don't go to church or never heard the story you'll know from all of the obnoxious pastel bunny decorations in every store and restaurant. On the radio I heard Ryan Secrest refer to Easter as a "free pass to eat chocolate".... needless to say even I cringed, and lets just say I'm pretty hard to offend.

However, it got me thinking... why do we celebrate Easter? Minus the obvious reason of honoring the gift of salvation, which is a good enough reason on it's own. BUT why do I celebrate it and what makes it personal to me?

Through each stage of the cross from praying alone, to the betrayal, beatings, the horrific scene at the cross, to the last breath, and finally to the resurrection I can see myself in a much much smaller scale of my own life. I can see where I've been betrayed, beaten, and hung out to dry all for the sake of the cross. Nothing like what some in other countries endure! However where I really connect is the resurrection. I wonder if it's because I suffer from a form of depression which is dark and deadly at times. The thought of new life is exhilarating. Starting over with a clean slate. It makes my eyes brighter and my steps lighter.

If you are reading this and you don't know what kind of peace and joy a new life brings I beg you to simply ask God. Ask Him for forgiveness that your sins have won over your heart and that you can't control yourself sometimes. He understands and knows your heart so there is no need to be ashamed because He loves you despite the dark spots on your soul. Ask Him for a fresh start and a clean slate. Watch what He can do:)

Love,
Crystal

PS If you need any further help or prayer please contact me at kilby16@comcast.net and I'll be happy to walk with you on your journey!

1 comment: