Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 51 Just be you. No pressure.

I try my hardest to be me. Doesn't that sound strange? I mean if you are just being you, should you have to try so hard? I guess what takes effort is relaxing and letting things flow organically. That is such a radical concept for me.

My whole life I've morphed into what I needed to be in that situation. If I was at church I was one person, at home another, at family functions another.... it was exhausting. So I suppose this is much less stressful. I have less things to keep straight.

But here's the hang up. What if you don't know who you are? I know it sounds silly but what if you've been so busy being who you thought you should be for God, family or friends that you have lost the real you? Want my advice??

Start journaling, 5 minutes per day at first about you. What you like, love, hate, torques you to no end, makes your heart skip a beat... everything. Soon you'll start to learn who you are, who God made you. It really is beautiful to unwrap the gift of love He gave you for yourself.

Try it. Be you. No pressure.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment