Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 25 What's this stuff comin' out my eyes?

Touched by God, my heart pounding, lump in my throat barely breathing
Forever and a day since I've felt the warmth of your power and I'm reeling
My eyes turned inward for so long, feeling pain, picking up pieces left by being broken and beaten
So easily forgotten or covered over by the masses so hard to see your hands in me not even glasses
Can undo the mire that's covered both my eyes
So spit into your hands and clear away the mud
I open up my eyes and out comes the flood
What is this stuff that escapes me so intently?
Tastes like salt water but so gently
It clears away the dark inside, the hurt that I have tried to hide,
the aching feeling leaves my soul, the tears come out and I feel whole.

Love,
me




2 comments:

  1. Way to make me bawl my eyes out!!!! Now I have to go to a meeting like this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok, if it's any consulation I was crying when I wrote it:)

    ReplyDelete