Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 26 Watermelon Juice...

Somethings my kids do just make me scratch my head. They aren't wrong or bad, just weird in my opinion. No matter what Jo is eating if there is juice left over he'll drink it, and Libby has to wait until I open the car door to take off her seatbelt. I try not to harp on them about it, I don't want to give them a complex. I just want them to figure things out on their own and if it's dangerous- I stop them and correct them.

I think a lot of things in our lives are similar to this, but because some people don't have anything else better to do they sit around and categorize EVERY thing into right and wrong when in reality some stuff just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Some stuff doesn't hinder or help people get to heaven, it just is.

Matthew 22: 37 says "Love the Lord with all your heart, with all your soul and all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself."

I think God put all these things in the order that best benefits us and is logical to Him. First we love Him with our heart- our emotions are tied to Him, then it grows deeper into our souls and our very being is intertwined with His, then finally the battleground of our minds because lets face it after the honeymoon phase love is a decision. Then next love your neighbor as yourself- I think we can only love us after we've learned what God sees in us... and THEN we can truly love others.

All of that stuff is important and if we're concentrating on the things that don't matter we miss it. So go ahead, drink the watermelon juice at the bottom of your bowl. It won't hurt:)

Love,
me

1 comment:

  1. This is SO true Crystal. We just talked about this topic in our bible study last night. So many people are stuck on traditions in their lives and in church that they forget what truly matters. John 3:16! The rest is just details!

    ReplyDelete