Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 43 You make everything glorious- what does that make me?

Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact I've been searching for my place in God's family for a very long time. It seems ever since I dropped my facade and started realizing who it was I really am it suddenly became hard to put myself back into the same surroundings. I imagine it's how a butterfly feels when it first comes out of the cocoon.

I was wrapped up in myself and my agendas for so long that when it came time to fly my wings were still wet. Every time I tried I'd fall flat on my face. It seemed like me as a new creation was a hindrance at first. I felt alone, cut off from my friends and family; some are butterflies like me, but most are still in their cocoon because God isn't finished with them yet.

Every fall made me stronger, and my wings became lighter, my wisdom grew... but they still hurt. A lot. God is not done with me by any means, but now I can soar free from the bondage of guilt and the oppression of shame. I am me, who God made- a glorious creature.

Love,
me

1 comment:

  1. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

    Romans 12:2

    I love you, butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete