Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 45 Cancer Sucks.

Whether you have it, lived with it, had a scare of it, or watched someone die of it you've been affected by it somehow.

Cancer is it's own special beast, like war it challenges you to a battle and although with medicine most make it out alive there are those soldiers who lie on the battlefield and struggle to take their last breaths. Much like war it leaves it's scars on your psyche. It's the one thing I'm truly scared of.

I read a book "When God and Cancer Meet" once and in it was a quote "God doesn't always take the cancer out of the patient, but He can always remove the patient from the cancer." God doesn't always heal us. That's a scary prospect but knowing that God always delivers makes it a little more palatable.

I want to believe that if this test comes back that cancer has returned it won't destroy me and my family. I want to hold on to the fact you've brought me through it before. God I want to believe, I do- help my un-belief. (Mark 9:24)

Love,
me

1 comment:

  1. Crystal,
    I know the truth of what you write, not form my own health but my dad's. It is/was a hard truth to face. But I remember how much hope mattered, and how much hope I took from knowing this woman my dad met who'd been a cancer survivor for an incredibly long time, after multiple rounds of it. An uncle of mine has been post-cancer now for 18 years or more, putting him in the top 98% or something of lung cancer survivors.

    ReplyDelete