Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 48: Giving your all...

I've always since I can remember given away everything. I felt like it made other people happy. I had this one friend asked me for stuff all of the time and I would give her some of my most prized possessions only to regret it later. My mom would get mad at me, but I wondered why? Doesn't it make you a good person to give? I guess it's all in your motivation.

My motivation has mostly been making others happy so they like me. I've heard sermons that have guilted me into giving before so I'd make a one time gesture only to follow it up by months of not giving at all. The simple fact is that God likes me whether I give or not.

The love I've received from God has made me love in a totally different way, with reckless abandonment. I find myself giving now for the soul purpose of blessing someone else. It is a blessing in itself to bless someone else with a gift free of obligation to reciprocate.

It's the kind of giving God has bestowed on us. Giving His all for us.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment