Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 38 God's in control, but of what?

When I here "God is in control" it makes me wonder. I believe that God is in control of the universe, but in control of us? I don't think so.

The definition of control is "a relation of constraint of one entity". I have a brain, a free will, desires, needs, natural instincts. I don't feel controlled by God, His rules, or His principles. However, because I love Him deeply I am compelled to allow Him to speak to my heart through scripture and sway my actions and thoughts toward love.

I really don't believe God wants little robot mini-me's. We place too much emphasis on "being Christian" acting and being the way we think we need to. How many times have you heard "I thought you were a Christian" or "that wasn't very Christian".... This type of thinking is completely backwards.

What if when someone came to know Jesus personally that we put more emphasis on Love? To begin at the begining with the most important commandment.

"Love the Lord your God with all of your heart." Luke 10:27a

Why not put the emphasis on how much God loves them and the grace that covers their sins and the patience He has for them through His word and have them fall in love with God? Then their motivation would be to do things out of love for God instead of doing things because they were told to, guilt, persuasion, or peer pressure- none of which are pleasing to God.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment