Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 40 A milestone of Biblical proportions...

The number 40 is used in the Bible over 85 times and is always surrounded by some sort of monumental change taking place....

The flood... it rains for 40 days and 40 nights to cleanse the earth and start over

The "Tablets"... Moses was on the mountain 40 days (twice) in communion and fasting with God, he came down renewed and "glowing"

The Israelites... spent 40 years in the wilderness looking for the Promise land

Goliath... he came 40 days in a row, twice a day to challenge the Israelite army before being killed by David

Jesus... fasted for 40 days in the wilderness

After the Crucifixion... Jesus shown himself for the next 40 days speaking of the Kingdom of God

I'm not superstitious or anything but I find it interesting and exciting that I find myself 40 days (entries) into this blog and thought I started it out a changed person- only to realize that was just the beginning! I think differently now than I did when I started.

I suppose I bring this whole thing up because normally change scares us. It's funny because the change God has in store is always better for us and more beneficial... but even if the change is from God we run in the opposite direction because it's not comfortable. I know because I do the same thing.

Our God calls us to make "baby steps" otherwise he wouldn't have used the mustard seed (1-3mm in diameter) as an example of how much faith He wanted from you.

So right now I'm challenging you to do something for 40 days. There is something on your heart right now that is pressing and almost choking the life out of you because it's so stressful. Each morning you wake up think of that thing and give one little part of it to God at a time. For me it's a relationship... a bad one. The first thing I'm trying to let go of is my expectation of that person to be anything but what they are. Tomorrow who knows? I'm sure it will come to me because God always meets me where I'm at.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment