Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 12 Carry death to have life

2 Cor 4:10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

Did you ever lose someone so completely essential to your life that you thought of them everyday? I must say I have experienced a lot of death in my short life and it was extremely painful, but I have been lucky enough to not lose a parent, a child or my spouse. I imagine the pain is just simply unbearable to the point where you just can't pick yourself up on your own strength.

People wonder why I like crucifixes, it reminds me of the pain Christ took for my sins- and the life He gave up for my freedom. If I don't think about this everyday I can't possibly live my life to the fullest because I would be totally hopeless and held down by a weight of sins that was too heavy for me to carry.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment