Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 19 I am that wretch....

Nothing makes you feel it quite like realizing you've been acting like a spoiled brat in the face of the God of love and sacrifice. Nothing can mask the shame you feel after spitting on the blessings of a King to His servant. And to know on top of all the shame there is the stinging truth of the cross. A truth that is so evident to me right now on my face at the foot of it that all my tears can't wash it away, my heart is so heavy with sorrow.

You lift me up even through the tantrums, you carry me through the closed doors, you protect my safety while I'm cursing your name. And all of this because you love a wretch like me?

It is so overwhelming, so disturbing, so earth shattering to me. Your peace rocks me out of comfort and into a new light once again. This goes to prove again you speak loud and clear and with out hesitation through the distractions and straight to my heart and when I finally am stunned by your grace and I am quiet enough to hear the booming words " I love you, I love you, I love you" it brings me to my knees. Wash me.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment