Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 4 And I'm outta funny & nice and it's only 8:30 am

"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?" Luke Parable of the Lost Coin...

Ok so this parable was originally intended to demonstrate God's love for us in that He would go to the ends of the earth to find us and then all would rejoice upon your being found and repenting. I have to say that particular part of it was lost completely on me as I was frantically dealing with one of the worst financial situations we've been in since we were married and that's saying something- we've been married almost 11 years, and we've had lot's of really bad situations.

So how did I think of this parable? Well it occurred to me while I was scouring my ENTIRE house with my husband looking for every penny we could find just to purchase a damn yard sale permit to sell everything we could possibly live with out so we could survive. This chick knew where EVERY penny she owned was, that's how she knew she was missing one. Tell me, with the change in your pocket, your car, your bed stand, your couch cushions, and your cookie jar- do you know what you've got? Even when we are "broke" we have more than any third world person makes in a day.

So maybe just maybe God popped those versus in my head to hear the end " 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents".... Maybe my view needs to be broader than just the nose on my face.

Life is like a Monet- up close and personal it can seem like a big mess, but once you step back you can see a beautiful work of art.

I'll be honest I'm not there yet, but I'd like to be.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment