Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 14 Shoot for the moon, but you won't land on it.

Ugh... I feel unmotivated, tired, lazy, and stuck. My house is a disaster after the yard sale, nothing is in it's place and I'm way behind on housework. It's easy to feel like a failure isn't it?

It's not as easy to feel like a success. I'd like to think I'm awesome, but the truth is I don't. I feel like I fail at lots of things in life. Why is that? Well, I've come to realize in my life I shoot for perfection- which isn't all bad, but expecting perfection is unrealistic.

I loved Physics class. It didn't love me- but it was so interesting. Mostly at the end because our teacher would let us challenge him by asking him anything we could think of to be explained by physics. One of the things we learned about was the path of trajectory. In order to hit a target you have to account for gravity pulling down the path of the object you are hurling toward your target.... because of gravity you aim slightly higher.

In life, there is gravity-lot's of things pull down our best efforts-sometimes its circumstances, other people, or time. We try our hardest and sometimes we still miss our mark. It's frustrating and depressing. But why isn't it exciting? I mean we are learning what to do next time we try. Changing my perceptions has been the hardest thing about this new life in Christ, but there is freedom in it and for that I'm thankful.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment