Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 16 I can't hear you!

The house is so quiet this morning....except for deep restful breaths from my love curled up on the couch asleep. As excited as I am to get on the road and start our little mini-vaca I'm just as stressed and tied up in knots over my dad's impending surgery. I've been at this place too many times to count. Since I was 3 years old my dad has had heart attacks, strokes, DVT, flown to Geisinger, shocked back to life on several occasions, and now a major thoracic surgery.

I know he needs it, the latest trip to the ER nailed for me... the doctors were trying to find out if my dad had been in a bad car accident because his organs were so messed up. You see he had a hyetal hernia about 12 years ago that his heart wasn't strong enough to operate on and it's ended up that half his digestive system is now in his chest cavity encroaching on his lungs and heart.

We call my dad Robo-Pop, partly because of his Pacer/Cardio Defibrillator and partly because he seems invincible. From the first heart attack he said God spoke to him and told him nothing could hurt him, not while God still wanted him here. That's given my dad peace for almost 30 years and continues to hold him together through all of this.

Wish I could hear him speak to me, but it's hard to hear over all my doubt and stress. God, speak to me please, let your peace rest in me.

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment