Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 8 Quiet time with God?

Ahhhhhh.... quiet. I'll enjoy it while it lasts cause it - never mind it's over. With children, tv, internet, traffic, heaters, ticking clocks, etc quiet time seems like it's a million miles away. I guess that's why I don't think God whispers, I think He yells to get over all the other noise. I mean if your kid was rushing into traffic would you calmly whisper or scream at the top of your lungs? It's not like I'm constantly headed for trouble but most times I'm clearly not paying attention!

The thought of God yelling seems un-refined... but I don't think it's the same as us. We get red in the face, out of breath, upset, and shaky-personally, I think God's voice is just naturally big- because God is big. We constantly try to humanize Him in order to relate... I'm glad He isn't like me. I'm terribly impatient, quick to anger, easily discouraged, fragile, shallow, and a bunch of other things I don't want to be- but I am.

I'm imperfect. My favorite saying is "Be patient with me, God's not done with me yet." So in that I try, but fail miserably, to be patient with other works in progress. Because even though we are so far from complete- God speaks to us and through us.

Love,
me


No comments:

Post a Comment