Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 5 God helps those who help themselves?

Ok so needless to say I'm not as amped up as I was yesterday. By the way I found $50 in change AND there wasn't any fee for a yard sale permit. Which, since it's raining, is even better. On top of that the DARE street fair is right next to us so we couldn't ask for more foot traffic. Looks like it will all work out in the end.

I needed some freak out time. It lets me process all the things in my head, organize them and tackle them. I suppose it's a "God helps those who help themselves" mentality. I don't know if I'm proud of that or not. That phrase doesn't seem to be biblical I can't find it any where. It's known as a "phantom verse" those old sayings that get linked in with our personal theology and way of thinking even though they are the opposite of God's actual teaching...
Prov 28:26 (NIV) He who trusts in himself is a fool...

Personally I was always taught to suck it up, there's no use in crying, deal with it, etc. In my journey to understand things more clearly God is telling me the opposite of what man has been telling me all my life... Lean not on your own understanding, cast your cares on me for I care for you, my (Gods) yoke is easy and my burden light, Jesus wept (so it's ok for me too), etc.

So here's a glimpse of why I decided to dump my shoe box and start over. I'm tired of other peoples theology becoming mine with no forethought on my behalf.

I will know Jesus PERSONALLY or not at all.

Love,
me

1 comment:

  1. funny you brought that up; the God helps those who help themselves saying. I always hated (yup, that is what I said) hated that saying. you know why? because it tells someone they can DO something without His help, THEN He will step in. such a lie! psalm 18:32 says It is God who arms me with strength....
    loves ya little one

    ReplyDelete