Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 15 A little poetry for a rainy day...

The rain is cold it makes me so tired and there's no sunshine to bask, just mud to be mired in.
Roots are stretching and leaves are swollen, grass is saturated with water drops fallen.
The wind is curling around every limb, through every space that you see blue in.
The warmth is all gone, the bitterness lingers, like evil outstretched witches fingers.

Oh how my desire for warmth consumes me, come like a blanket and send your peace through me.
Surround all my thoughts with the glow of your laughter, fill up my mind from the floor to the rafters.
The scent of new growth invades my senses as sunshine from the east reflects of the fences.
How is it that rain that brought on such cold have proven to fertilize colors so bold?

Love,
me


1 comment: